Sermon title: “Re-Imagine the World: The Parables and Jesus”
We welcome all of our visitors today and invite you to the Fellowship Hall for
beverages and cookies after the service. Please follow the congregation to the left out of the sanctuary.
THE FLOWERS ON THE COMMUNION TABLE TODAY are given by Wayne and Noel Linder in appreciation of Paul Ellis Jackson.
ALL CHURCH POTLUCK in celebration of the ordination of Paul Ellis Jackson will be held in fellowship hall today at 11:30 a.m. Food and beverages are provided. Please join us as we celebrate this joyous occasion. Everyone is encouraged to stay for the ordination ceremony at 1:00 p.m.
ORDINATION SERVICE for Paul Ellis Jackson will be held today in the sanctuary at 1:00 p.m.
NEEDLE WORKERS meet Tuesday, June 13, at 10:00 am, in fellowship hall. Bring something you are working on or learn a new skill from someone else.
MENS’ LUNCH is Thursday, June 15, at 11:30, at Scotch & Sirloin.
HEAD-TO-TOE HYGIENE PANTRY is open on Saturday, June 17, from 9:00-11:30 a.m., at the new location: 2130 E 21st St. North, Wichita. No work day on Thursday.
YOGA meets every Tuesday at 4:00 and Friday, at 10:00, in fellowship hall. The cost for the Tuesday class is $5 because it is instructor led.
ALL BOARDS MEET on Sunday, June 18, immediately following the worship service at 11:45 a.m.
YOGA meets every Tuesday at 4:00 and Friday, at 10:00, in fellowship hall.
CONGREGATIONAL MEETING— The Moderator, Jane Phares, is calling
a CONGREGATIONAL MEETING for Sunday, June 25, 2017, immediately following the worship service. The purpose is to approve funding for immediate and future capital improvements. Specifically,
1. $100,000-120,000 for immediate repairs and improvements. (See list below)
2. $100,000 for seed money for future capital improvements.
1. Fellowship hall porch and walk replacement
2. Sanctuary rear exits (2) repair and secure thresholds
3. Miscellaneous rot repair and paint outside
4. Window wells clean, paint, cover replacement
5. Gutters and downspouts on fellowship hall
6. Replace sanctuary windows
7. Renovation of fellowship hall—ceiling replacement, trim repair, paint
8. Paint fellowship hall entry and stairway
9. Paint and upgrade parking lot lights